Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 6, 2010

Well I am doing great here in Campo Limpo. I am getting to know better and better the members of the ward. It is great. I love serving a mission. Precious moments of serving, speaking portugues and searching for the Lords elect. I am tanner than ever and my legs are about to give out. Faith is keeping me walking and working. Yesterday was really hot 40* C!! Melting and when we made it home last night we walked in the door and a super rain fell down. It was like the Lord was waiting for us to get home before it fell. Hahaha. It was funny. This tropical weather is GREAT. It’s amazing how when we put the Lord first in everything we not only grow spiritually but physically and mentally and socially. I remember when Dad always teaches us about making goals in these 4 areas of life. I have learned the secret… By putting our spiritual goals first in priority all other goals will be accomplished too. I am growing to understand more the Atonement of Christ. If we but search to understand the meaning of Christ’s life and atonement in our lives we will gain more truth and light and strength. I love my Savior and know that He lives. I am taking advantage of each day and each moment to share the gospel and magnifying my calling as a missionary! So Bryce is off to Hawaii. That’s cool. He is going to be a beach bum. I can see it already. Hope he likes the college life. What’s not to like, it’s Hawaii. I can’t wait to hear where Taylor will be called! I love my mission and am seeing great miracles occur in my life as I help others keep God’s commandments and come to know of the truth. Love you all and be happy and smiley because God loves you and I love you!Rachel

No comments: