Tuesday, August 18, 2009
August 5, 2009
The mission is going along. I hit some pretty low points this week but trying each day to become better. I am trying to enjoy every minute of the mission. It's hard sometimes because we work with numbers each week and each day, how many lessons com membro, how many in the sacrament meetings, how many new investigators, etc.. And I am horrible with numbers... I try each day to acheive and when we don´t reach the goal I feel like a slacker, it´s discouraging at times And it´s annoying working with 19 year old boys too. I am letting go and just focusing on the people God has placed in our paths and loving them. I am loving living in the huge city and in our tiny apartment and thinking when in my life will I ever be living in these cirsumstances, never! Brasil is amazing it´s becoming a huge part of me and I am loving it. I don´t remember what the US is like anymore. People ask what are the differences and I can´t think of anything. I love Brasil and love their culture and love living in the middle of it. This transfer the Elder forgot to pay our light bill and we were without electricity for three nights and the flashlight grandma gave me came in handy. A life as a missionary is rough. Chrst is on my side and helping me do his work. I am loving reading the bible in Portugues it so much clearer. Love to all, Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment