Tuesday, November 11, 2008
October 28 Email
Funny story this week. I was all dressed ready to go eat breakfast and as soon as I opened the door ready to walk out my companion said, ´sister davidson is that your slip´I go to feel and sure enough i was in my black slip and forgot to put on my black skirt. I can't stop saying thank goodness for companions!! The time here is picking up! I met a nice elderly man in the grocery store today on pday and he was really interested in us. I gave him a pass along card and i was the only one out of the 5 missionaries in my ditrict that could understand and respond! I was very proud of myself but know i am no where near where i should be. I am learning the 1st lesson this week in portugues.ah!!!!! it's so hard. ps.. tuesdays are my p-days--the elders in my district have announced thursday comb over day where we all part our hair something to look forward in the middle of the week i guess. Last week was amazing i had so many learning experiences!! Elder Richard G. Scott came to the CTM and spoke to us directly as missionaries. An apostole of Jesus Christ We are just a small group so it was so personal. I loved it!! All the brazilians were so nervous and excited for most it was their first time seeing an apostole and most likely the only time. He shared with us so many experiences and said our treasure is our testimonies. He said to wear out Preach my gospel and read from the BOM. He spoke directly to the sisters at one point and said how sensitive we are and how we'll be able to get through doors that elders would never be able to, he said we will learn the importance of the priesthood and love our missions. More and more women are going on missions to become more righteous mothers to raise a more righteous & noble generation... I am learning every day on what to do better in order to be a great missionary. The people here are wonderful. I am finally adjusting to this lifestyle and am becoming more comfortable with the fact I wear dresses/skirts every day and everyone calls me sister davidson, it's been rough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment