Thursday, December 4, 2008

Last Email from the CTM

Dear Everyone:

I really want to work hard, every day I feel like a fubeca (slacker) just studying all day. The MTC is cushy, really cushy, food, air conditioning, my American companion, English speackers, etc..
Last week was a little discouraging with the language and just being trapped in the MTC;. I am so excited to leave. I leave Tuesday October 9th, 2008 for Campinas to get a companion and assigned an area to serve. I still don’t know Portugues and I just am trying my best with it. I need to learn to love it… Spanish is still my number one. There are actually 2 American elders from another district and lots of Brasilians going with me to the field on Tuesday. Campinas is about an 45min. -1hour drive I think from Sao Paulo, not too bad. Man am I excited, But scared a little too. we are all getting sick and tired of the CTM. But it’s been an amazing experience and really has prepared me for what is to come… except I don’t feel perfectly prepared, oh well, I am leaving the nest!!!!!!!
Thanksgiving sounded fun and we had an amazing Thanksgiving here too, lots of food, I think the Brasilians were all thankful for Americans that day because they don’t celebrate thanksgiving in Brasil.
This is our last p-day here in Sao Paulo so you won~t hear from me next week. A letter or two are on there way.
Today my instructors and district went out to eat at a Churrascaria, where they come and give you all sorts of meat and things. My tip on the beans, cook with pork fat, that´s what I have noticed. The fatter the more flavor… gross huh?
We went proselyting for the last time at the CTM on Friday and got chased by a bum with a porkey belly who’s pants were falling off. (he had black shorts on underneath fortunately.) He was actually after our instructor first, Irma Michelotto and then chased us. our elders tried to help we were all laughing. Finally, my instructor got the police to help. We were safe and everything no worries. Lots of police around and people to help, just a funny memory to take home…
My elders were talking about saying good bye at lunch yesterday and I got all teary eyed. I am going to miss them and am so sad that they´re not going to my mission. I get so attatched to people, this mission is going to be good for me changing all the time!! my comfort zone at the MCT will be treasured and missed.
I love you, thanks for the prayers I need them, and miss you so much. Serving a mission is so cool, because it´s blessing me, my family and those I will teach. On the hard days here at the MTC I think of the people I will be teaching or of you that helps me push through!!
LOVE YOU!!!
Rachel

No comments: