Thursday, December 11, 2008

Out in the Field

So I'm in Campinas my area is Huge and my companion is also new to the area as well. I am her first filha and she is the shortest littlest sister here so mom your prayers are being answered. I tower over her no joke!! I am a giant!! Thank you for praying for me to have great companions it´s working. So yesterday was a little crazy all the Elders are so nice. We arrived to my first apartment last night and the Elders living there before left it so dirty so we cleaned and unpacked. It's just me and Sister Souzo and we are the first sisters to be here and serving in this area. It's close by the mission office 20 minutes by vehicle. I am actually serving in Campinas so that's cool. I was hoping for this. The language is coming along it definitely is a trail of my faith and it's coming… The scriptures have never spoken to me before like they do now. I was reading Moroni chapters 7 and 8 this morning and it was so amazing. The Spirit is so strong and helping all the way! I am blessed without mosquitos and we have clean water and can flush the toilet paper down the toilet. So the physical environment is grand. The only thing I could complain about is the heat. My apartment reminds me of the best two years. Okay maybe only the shower. I arrived here yesterday and a letter from mom was waiting for me.. yeah!! Sorry I haven't sent any pictures, time time time. Saying good bye to my district was hard but now its over and I am here to work in the hot sun!! yea!!
Well all in all life is good. I am only beginning, I have a lot to learn I feel totally clueless and really bad for my compaiona having to do a lot on her own because I don't know the language and we both don't know the area. Todo bem… Tchau
Love, Rachel

No comments: