Friday, January 16, 2009
January 14, 2009
I am dying of heat so I am basically buying new clothes! It's not fun, I hate clothes shopping! My companion is sure taking good care of me. Her mom is a professional seamstress and made all her clothes so I am going to see if I can have her make me some too and mail them to me! It is soso hot!! Ouch!! This week was really cool, our first official baptism is this Saturday. Norma, she calls us her angels. She can´t read but feels the spirit so strong! She is a miracle! We had family night last night at her house and it was so edifying and uplifting. It's amazing everything especially gifts of the spirit, the gift of tongues. I speak portugues and don´t even understand what I AM saying but they understand it´s weird!! People are everything, family especially, and only a small amount of time we are together. Here on the mission I meet people introduce them into the gospel and then I am transferred, only 6 weeks together, no time at all. Luckily I am not being transferred this time so I am blessed with more time here in Prgresso. I am really learning from the culture here, I love it, family is so central and it´s a huge city like San Fransisco, they take time out, everyone, for family and friends. New years everything was closed and everyone was home spending time together. So I think that´s all for now back to thinking in portugues! Hahahalove \rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment