Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 2, 2009

Hello minha família, So I found a man on the street this week who dosen´t speak portugues, he´s from Florida and I kept on tripping over my words and wanting to speak portugues and it was embarrassing as I couldn´t speak English directly. Two more baptisms this week the Lord has really blessed us. And we continue to fight for this great cause. If people could just understand there is something greater than life and there is something that will help us all with our problems and difficulties and that´s the Gospel and Atonement of Jesus Christ. We humans can be so blind to the bigger picture, eternal life. Every day I feel dumbfounded at the simplicity of the truth. People are looking for answers, searching for angels to appear, the earth to quake, a huge explosion to yell this is the TRUTH. They want it to be harder to achieve eternal life. But when it all comes down to the truth it´s faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring until the end. The way is clear, easy to understand, possible and simple and it´s unique that it manifests through the quiet whisperings of the Spirit. A mission changes a person. Here´s a description of the change… People ask at times what you would do if Jesus Christ was in front of you? Before the mission I said I would give him a hug and now on the mission I would fall to my knees crying in gratitude. This is how the mission is changing me. In the beginning of the mission I felt there is something bigger than me. There is something more than life, than school, than possessions, than anything. And it´s true there is something more, I have finally placed my finger on it and found it; something that is greater than life itself and encompasses everyone is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It´s Him and the life he gave for us all that is worth giving everything for. I love you all!!Rachel

No comments: