Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September 23, 2009

The mission is good. I wasn´t transfered. Sister Santos and I are still together in this place... We are the first missionaries to acheive baptisms in this city. It´s crazy... The Lord has really blessed us. We found a family and taught them Monday. The mom cried as I taught about Joseph Smith and they accepted to be baptized. They´re catholic so it´s going to take some time to change. The family is beautiful, the mom is an english teacher. It´s really neat. During the lesson Sister Santos was astounded I didn´t make any mistakes in speaking portugues. It´s such a crazy feeling how the Spirit uses you as a tool. It´s like you´re out of your body and you just talk... words are placed in your mouth. It´s definitely the missionary mantel and power that we are ordained with. So the Spirit can convert people to the gospel. That´s why it´s so important to obey all the rules and live a higher law to be worthy of the Spirit. 6 more weeks in this place. I can´t believe the more part of my mission has been here in Campinas. We are helping another couple get married to be baptized. They marked the wedding already October 10th!! The guy is already a member and ready to be bishop. He comes to church in a white shirt and tie already. It´s really cool to see how he has changed so fast, it was a night-to-day change. The Lord prepares people for us to find. It´s like a giant easter egg hunt except we´re hunting for the Elected people. It´s great to be part of the Lord´s work. I love being a missionary. It´s all about loving to sacrifice everything to deserve the Lord´s blessings. Serving a mision is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I love you thanks for always writting!!love Rachel

No comments: