Monday, December 28, 2009
December 16, 2009
Hey Mom, It´s good hearing from you. I feel like I neglected some of your questions in the last email about christmas in Brasil. It´s not so big as it is in the US but it´s good. It´s very humble. No one has a real chrsitmas tree. Some houses string up lights and here they don´t have christmas carols. Santa Clause is the same fat old man here. They have a tradition here to spend christmas eve cooking all day a huge feast and when it hits midnight-- they eat and give out presents. It´s cool. Everything is about eating here. Our investigators are progressing towards baptism. One family that is really special to me that has two set of boy twins, one set 11 years old and the other 4. We are planning to take them to the temple and hope they will recongnize an answer to their doubts and be baptized I know they will. We are teaching a couple that are baptists, its´always a long visit with them as the bad talk from their pastor but they are interested in finding the truth. I know they will be baptized too. We are working and sweating a lot. Next week is our Mission Christmas Conference. I can´t wait for packages and cards!! It´ll be great!! My compaion is Brasilian. She is from the northeast like all of my other companions a state called Paraíba. I love you all!!Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment