Friday, December 25, 2009
November 11, 2009
So this place, Campo Limpo, english Lean Field... haha. The place reminds me kind of home. It´s the greenest place I´ve yet to see here on the mission. I feel like I am back into the Amazon Jungle in Ecuador but of course it´s a lot more modernized. So it is SUPER HOT!! Here it´s a tropical paradise. And it´s all uphill. I feel like a BIG city girl entering the country. It´s funny feeling. The church has a place rented here close to our house. It´s different. The Church has already bought land to start building the chapel, they already have a picture of what it´s going to look like but they are waiting for the ward to have more firmness in members attending church. We found a family really cool last week, Jucilene is her name and she is a woman of power. She has 2 sets of twin boys, one set is 11 years old and the other 4. She has been praying for God to show her the truth and that's when we popped up. She doesn´t have a baptism date yet but I have lots of faith she will soon. The members are cool. A lot of them are great examples of service and dedication to convenants they´ve made in the temple. I am shocked to say I have found someone, the only person I have yet to meet in my life that reminds me of dad, Brother Marcelo. He is an amazing person. He is our leader here in the ward, ward mission leader. So he is fatter than dad. He is really creative and we had our first meeting with him yesterday at his house. We are in charge of a christmas activity we are planning here Dec. 20 in the vacant spot where the chapel will be built. It is going to be Great. I remember an activity similar where dad was a wise man. But this ward mission leader is the faithfulest member I have yet to meet in my life. He has four daughters. 2 have special needs and 2 are healthy. The oldest with special needs died. Which makes Marclo fight to keep his convenants of the temple to be sealed to his family and to see his daughter again. If every member had as much determination to serve and magnify their calling like Bro. Marcel the church would be much bigger!! His family reminds me of ours. Always have a billion things to do and he is always putting the things of the Lord in first place. It´s amazing to see. I already love this place and the people that help us in the Lord´s work. It´s amazing to be a part of a ward family; I am loving my time here as a missionary. There are a ton of people that are waiting for us to hear about the Church. LOVE You all,Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment