Tuesday, March 24, 2009
February 18, 2009
I am so happy to serve a mission in Brasil where the culture here embraces life and it´s problems and it´s normal. It´s normal to have problems, to be working on our problems, to believe in God and confide in Him for everything. I love Brasil and how they are so loving and welcoming and accepting. I dont´feel awkward or embarrassed about who I am, what I believe, etc... I was definitely meant to serve a mission here and I am learning so much about myself and the world we live in and about people.. So many different types of people. It´s really wierd to speak english I can write in english and think in english but I always respond in Portugues or a mix form when I speak to those who speak english and portugues, mostly american elders.Yeah the living arrangement is fun, when will I ever been living like this again?? or maybe it´s preparing me for what is to come in my life?? poverty!! haha I love the people here. they make everything good. Smoking is a huge prblem here for most people, it´s such a work of satan, I have never been around so much cigarette smoke in my life and am paranoid of dying from second hand smoke!! haha. It´s really sad. we are visiting an older lady who has heart problems from drinking coffee, cancer from smoking all her life and a type of blood disease. to think this pain and suffereing if she just never smoked or drank coffee in her life. I am learning so much about commandments and how everything has a purpose, sometimes when a new rule is made of commandment is given we don´t understand the purpose but there always is. A purpose of protection, health, recieve blessings. I have a new take on sacrifices. instead of complaining and not wanting to do things I don´t want to do I am looking for things that I don´t want to do and doing them, to sacrifice and recive the blessings from sacrifcing. Life is all about sacrificing and I am learning to put people first, putting others first in an important concept. well It´s a wonderful plan here on earth. And what is most wonderful of all is that we have the knowlegde of this plan. How merciful is our god to bless us with a prophet, scriptures, a working mind to learn His will and return back to live with God. He is literally our father. My relationship with god has grown tremendously. Till next time! Love, Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment