Monday, July 27, 2009
July 1, 2009
Hello my family!! It´s crazy because the economy is really bad here too. Lots of people are losing jobs here in Campinas. Inside our chapel we have a Job search and employment help the church offers and we are finding people to teach through the program which is cool. I am starting an english class this week to also help find people to teach too. Wish me luck I have never taught english before in my life!! But Portugues is like second nature now. I was talking to someone yesterday and he was talking in english and I was responding the whole time in portugues, crazy!! It takes a lot more focus now to speak english. I am happy to be back in my old wards. It´s really hard here in the big city caring for two wards, Sister Pedroso and I contacted 172 people this week in the street and they all just work here and live in other areas or they don´t even give us time to speak, hard-hearted!! But we will survive and are having fun talking to people. We are going to the Bosque today, it´s like a park zoo place here in Campinas, we´re taking a picnic. it´s the first pday having fun and doing something different for once. Being in the center we have a lot of old cathedrals and stuff. It´s great. it´s a constant communicating job, this past Sunday I had the biggest headache after assisting two sacrament meetings and greeting and talking to the members. A mission is a constant run!!! love you !!Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment