Monday, July 27, 2009

July 22, 2009

Mom and family, I feel like Iam out of this world sometiumes like the things I am experiencing here on the mission sound crazy to people who aren´t on the same level. I will try to express what´s going on keep an open mind. I know my mission call is sacred. I know it was pre-ordained before I was born. I know I was born for a special purpose to learn and grow and serve. I am so grateful for my mission. Last night was amazing. We found a man who was walking in front of the chapel and we were desperate for investigators to attend so we invited this man in. He accepted and really liked the sacrament meeting and we took his name and number to visit him and his spouse. It was last night I met is wife who is an ex-nun, they have saints in every place in their house it was obvious strong catholics. As we greeted each other as a custom here to kiss the cheek and shake hands she said I know you from somewhere. I couldn´t think of where. they´ve lived here for only a small amount of time I don´t know if I have already talked to her on the street or not when I was here before.... It was weird as she confessed she felt like she has known me for a long time. the lesson we taught was every word directed by the spirit, Sister Santos admitted after, Sister Davidson you spoke portugues perfeito, perfect without accent it seemed like you were Brasilian. it was an amazing lesson. they are an elderly couple. At the end we asked if the wife would say the last prayer and she said the prayer and poured out her heart of how grateful she was for having apostles de Cristo in her house teaching things she has never heard before she talked about a peace that she was feeling and how cristo felt like he was in the room. It was a marvilous experiences. All the sacrifices are worth it when we find people like this. Now the process of them being baptised!! I just am overwhelmed. The spirit works in wonders and miracles. It´s amazing how someone can change when they feel the spirit. A mission is going and we are working hard to find families to teach. I am forgetting myself, it´s real I am not remembering my life before the mission. Love you all so much!!Rachel

No comments: