Monday, May 11, 2009

April 22, 2009

So I am glad you emailed me, this was the only email I recieved today. I hope you got my last email?? Anyways it is awesome having an american companion it´s cool learning the language with her she has a way bigger vocabulary because she´s been here for over a year and will be going home this August! We are having a ton of fun. The members love us and are feeding us like crazy, I gave a talk last sunday about missionary work and I talked in portugues for 15 strait minutes, I wasn~t paying attention to the time and didn´t leave any time for the closing speaker that was embarassing!! I felt like the spirit was just talking through me you know, I didn´t really prepare I have a list of scriptures and a quote from Pres Hinkley, it all came together at the pulpit. So missionary work is getting easier I read the talk from the last conference about enjoying the journey by Pres. Monson and so I am enjoying the journey of being a missionary, learning portugues, talking to crazy people and finding those that have truly been prepared to be baptised. this week we recieved a referal from the elders. a woman entered into a chapel talked to a bishop that was there and asked to be baptised! She lives in our area and passed by her house a number of times but never found her home. finally one day it was a Holiday called Tira da dentista and we found her home. We arrived in the first lesson at the part where we talk about Joesph Smith and invite her to be baptised (yes we drop the baptisim invite every first lesson) and I was teaching, everytime I began to talk to say Jospeh´s name someone was at the door yelling her name, this happened 3 times and during the quote of the first vission Í saw a pillar of light...´and so Satan was definatly trying to distract her. We invited her to be baptised this Sunday, way soon, huh? But she accepted the invite and now going to her house every morning sacrificing our study time and of course her house is in no man´s zone of our area, but BAPTISM! She´s entering into the kingdom. anyways sister martins and I are having way too much fun, we picked tangerines off a tree in the street yesterday and I guess in December the streets are just filled with mangos. I found a fruit called caqui that I love and Maracujá is to die for.

No comments: