Monday, May 11, 2009

April 8, 2009

Well thanks for all your prayers I feel like they´re being answered. You´ll never guess what happened this transfer... I am with an American companion, Sister Martin from Texas and we are in a small town called Rio Claro. It is a huge blessing! I am really excited to work with her and to learn and teach from her. She has 3 more transfer left and will be going home in August. Today marks 6 months on the mission for me can you believe it?? Time is passing, 12 more to go. I am learning how to have fun here on the mission, joking in Portugues and feeling more comfortable being an american missionary in brasil. A mission has definitely gotten better. Well I got to watch all of conference it´s in the white hand book that we need to watch all sessions of conference, cool, huh? I absolutley loved the talk of the Atonement by Jeffery R Holland, I think?? But it was so powerful. it´s so interesting this conference lots of talk about the temple and being excited and enthusiastic. I also liked the talk about fear and faith. lots of wonderful words and counsel we need to take and apply in our lives and we will be blessed and cared for. Oh and also the talk that talked about members need to be involved in the missionary work. really good stuff... I really excited to be here with Sister Martins and hope we have really good success here in helping this ward to grow. Everything seems better here, the apartment, the people, the culture, finally out of the big city. the church is true, Jesus is the Christ, we have the blessing of this knowledge and hapiness in our lives and it is our responsibility to share it with others. we need not fear for the Lord is on our side and will be there to touch the hearts of those we share our testimony with. Love,Rachel

No comments: