Wednesday, May 20, 2009
May 13, 2009
Hello Family!! It was great talking to all of you Sunday. Today It seems like that was so long ago… Anyways, the mission is going along. It´s weird the people I meet here, members and investigators I feel like Ive seen them all before they seem so familiar to me. As we were teaching an investigator the first lesson she said she had a dream with me in it if that´s not cool. On the mission heaven seems so close and the pre-existence wasn’t that long ago. Yea dad it´s a constant fight with people, Ive helped a couple living together marry in Campinas and we are teaching two more families that need to be married too. Serving a mission in today´s world is rough. Everyone just lives together, no one is married so it takes a lot longer to baptize people. We have a baptism this weekend a 52 year old lady, she´s really cool and involved in the school systems and political system here in Brasil. She has run for mayor and stuff. So I am going to go home and learn all the political terms in Portugues today to better understand her and Brasil!! I am going to try to find a book for little kids about Brasil. There´s a used book store close by. So far my mission I have baptized 3 people all the age of 50 or there abouts. I am really trying hard to find families!!! I am hoping for this one family, I talked to the dad on the street the other day, he´s married with four kids all the age of baptism, I really want to teach them but it´s so hard finding everyone in casa. You know how it is having teenage kids and how life is already on the run. Imagine the mom is taking a class at the college and working full time. Crazy lifestyle, we´ve already invited her to be baptized and she agreed. So it´s a slow process definitely. Anyways, Hope you all are doing great and enjoying life. The days are long and really hot in Brasil but somehow I am surviving. Focusing on Christ´s life really helps, thinking about how hard it must have been for him, it gets me through the tough times. But thanks for all the support you give me and love. Miss you guys and love you too!!Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment