Monday, May 11, 2009
May 6, 2009
Hey Family,This week was the Best week so far on the mission. I am so excited to be a missionary, I finally have found confidence and strong desire to share the gospel. It was a process of gaining a testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ. We found a really cool family to teach this week. I found this black man on the corner of a road and walked up to him and said hi I am a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints what´s your name and he said Jefferson. I asked if he attended any church and he said no and I said I have a meesage that will change your life that we would like to share with you and your family. I then got his address and found out he´s married and has two daughters ready to be in YW and We are going to teach them Friday the first lesson. We found a family of 4 girls, 12,13,14,and 15 years old who we´re going to go back and teach too. The night we found them they followed us home to see where we lived. We went home to grab some cake to take to them and as we were going back out there all 4 of them standing outside the gate to our apartment smiling and yelling at us. Its cool they are all giggly girls, they couldn´t stop laughing as I was talking to them because of my accent, hahaha… they are a ton of fun. We are filling up the YW organization in our ward, 7 new yw, get out!!! It´s crazy. We had 10 investigators at church and found a family of 8 people, 6 kids and parents!! Crazy… I am on fire look out!! Hahaha, no, the Lord is really blessing us, it´s all about obedience and fasting and praying and talking to everyone in the street. I am loving the mission!! We had a crazy down pour of rain and the weather is getting really cold. I saw my breath for the first time in a long time yesterday morning as sis martin and I were waiting for the bus to go to our district meeting!! Crazy!! I Love you, Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment