Monday, May 11, 2009
March 25, 2009
I recieved my package yesterday it felt like christmas, Tell grandma thank you thank you. It felt so incrediably good to get stuff from home. it was a happy moment. the shoes are perfect I haven´t tried on the shirt yet but it looks like it´ll work out great. I have enough chap stick and sun screen to last me all my mission i think and beyond. Bekah sent me some chap stick and sun screan too! funny. So I have learned about living in big cities from my time here in the center of campinas. No thank you! It´s crazy, lots of homosexuals, prostitutes, you name it it´s here. Thank goodness for mission rules, home by 9:30 at the lastest. So the work is really slow here. the apartment buildings are numberless and we can´t knock on doors there so we´re stuck talking to people in the street and everyone just works here and lives in the area of other missionaries. Great huh. This week was a lot more fun because my attitude is changing. I just smile and try to speak portugues. the ELDERS are all worried about sister souza and I. It´s strange, they called us yesterday to talk to us about how we´re doing. I learned there are three types of missionaries, ones who work hard and change and become better, ones who stay the same and fight all their mission to never change, and ones who become worse, slack off the whole time and fall away from the church. It´s interesting the life of a missionary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment